The Department of Public Administration sponsors Certificates through our Center for Extended Learning.
These Certificates are separate from the MPA.
Procurement is a specialty with a growing demand within all three sectors – public, private and nonprofit. It is also one of the better paid sub-fields in public administration. A Management Certificate in Public Procurement (MCPP) offers a perfect opportunity for anyone interested in entering the field to obtain the training and education needed.
To earn the MCPP, a student must complete five courses with an overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.3 or better.
- Fundamentals of Public Procurement (waived for MPA students who complete PA661 as part of the MPA program)
- Public Procurement Process, Ethics and Law
- Project Management in Public Procurement
- Best Value Analysis and Negotiation
- Contract Formulation and Administration
GENERAL COURSE DESCRIPTION
*Each course is fully online.
*Each course is scheduled for five weeks.
*Students can start the program with any course.
*Students can sign up for a single course only.
To enroll in the MCPP, a prospective student must hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or have five or more years of experience in public procurement or a related field.